August 31, 2013

Nixoderm (Acne Treatment) Review


A few months ago my dad went back to Malaysia & brought back this acne treatment.
My acne was getting pretty bad recently so I was pretty happy to have something new to try.

Nixoderm is a treatment for various skin problems as listed below


"Used externally for pimples, blackheads, itching, rashes, ringworm of the skin and scalp."


ACTIVE INGREDIENTS:
Benzoic Acid 6% w/w
Salicylic Acid 2.5% w/w
Precipitated Sulphur 4.6% w/w

These ingredients help exfoliate the skin & get rid of bacteria.
Some nice advice is also included~

 




INSTRUCTIONS: Apply twice daily (morning & evening) for 7 days, then discontinue for 3 days & repeat if necessary.
Applying a thin layer of petroleum jelly will reduce stinging for sensitive skin.


Nixoderm is is a thick white paste which is slightly greasy/oily feeling. I only apply it at night, because if I go out I don't like to use this under makeup.
I've used this product for a few months & it is pretty effective for pimples. It really dries them out & brings them to the surface if you have "underground" pimples like me. It's actually a bit gross because when I apply it at night & wake up in the morning, the pimple is huge . . & crusty? haha sorry gross but that's what acne is = =;;  Either that or it's reduced in size.
The paste can really sting/itch/burn but I got used to it & didn't find it too bad. (I was too lazy for the petroleum jelly =o=;;) It also has weird smell but I don't really mind.
This product seems to work better for me than popular acne treatment brands like Clean & Clear's benzoyl peroxide persagel or salicylic spot treatment.
Although I'm usually not a fan of tub/jar packaging, I think it would be hard to put this in a tube since it's so thick.

I'm not sure if it works on my cystic acne, because those take forever to get rid of. TT-TT


PROS:
- helps reduce & dry out acne
- good spot treatment for acne to bring them to the surface
- cheap price (RM 5.90 ~ CDN $2.00 )
- no added fragrance ^^

CONS:
- stings skin & can cause redness upon application
- can be drying for skin
- can usually only be used at night unless you want to go out with white patches
- not available locally in Canada

Overall this is a great acne product that you should try if you have the chance. It's really inexpensive & effective against pimples while being able to treat other skin problems too (although I haven't used it for anything else o-o)

Thanks to my relatives who recommended this product to my dad ^^

9 comments:

Sakuranko said...

Oh looks like interesting product dear, thanks for your review!
Now i´m following you in GFC and Bloglovin´I hope you join to my Giveaway!

www.sakuranko.com
I want invite you to Join to my Firmoo Giveaway for win 1 pair of Glasses or Sunglasses. You choose the model!

Unknown said...

I have been checking out a few of your stories and I can state pretty good stuff. I will definitely bookmark your blog.
acneultimate.com

Unknown said...

I bought this at rm12.50 and i was like 'how did u get this thing with rm5.90?'.. then i saw the date of this post. Haha i'm reading this in 2018 and look at how much the price has increased 😂 anyway, i'm currently using this. Feels like putting on a traditional medicine (because of the smell) and it works wonders

Anonymous said...

Actually this cream comes in two sizes. Maybe the smallest one yang lagi murah sikit. Hehe. Anyway, may I know macam mana you apply this cream? After moisturizer or before?

Unknown said...

Hello There. I found your blog using msn. This is an extremely well written article. I will be sure to bookmark it and return to read more of your useful information. Thanks for the post. I’ll certainly comeback. acne treatment reviews

Unknown said...

Where did u buy this thing?

sang arjuna said...

Drugstore

Unknown said...

Dimana mau beli ubat ni

Unknown said...

Can I use moisturizer after I put the nixoderm cream?hopefully someone can reply my question.thank you

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...