March 21, 2014

Alpha Hydrox - Enhanced Lotion 10% Glycolic AHA Anti-Wrinkle Review






Time to review my favourite moisturizer for acne prone skin/scars/wrinkles~

A few years ago I had really bad acne which left me with a lot of acne scars & dark spots so I started looking for scar reducers and chemical exfoliators.
I bought this after looking at reviews for an AHA (alpha hydroxy acid/glycolic acid) exfoliator on makeupalley & paulaschoice.


AHAs remove dead skin cells from the skins surface without needing to scrub your face with physical exfoliators.


When I first started using it, it gave me a really bad rash on my cheeks and dried out the skin between my nose/cheeks which caused my skin to crack (painful)
I would recommend using it once a day at night with another moisturizer to get used to it if you feel that your skin is too sensitive.

Application of the lotion on dry skin can leave a slight white cast and sticky feeling but it goes away within a few minutes. I find that applying the lotion on slightly damp skin is the best.

The product makes your skin more sensitive (especially to the sun) so it might take some getting used to.
Also if you have active acne/open cuts on your face it will really sting so avoid those areas!


I used to have a deep line in my forehead but now it's hardly noticeable after using this lotion for a few months. I'm so happy my forehead wrinkle is gone!
With continual use my acne scars have also faded. My skin somehow became firm yet softer at the same time (in a good way).

I've had this product for about 1 year and a half & am only just finishing the bottle. I didn't use it for a few months but it still lasts quite a long time & for a cheap price.


PROS:
- reduces the appearance of wrinkles/dark spots/scars
- softens+brightens skin for a healthy look
- fragrance free
- cheap price compared to some other AHA products

CONS:
- increases skin sensitivity to sunlight 
- can irritate/sting skin & can cause redness upon application
- can be drying for sensitive skin



Overall this is definitely one of my favourite lotions. 
It really makes the whole appearance of your skin much better/brighter & does everything that it claims to do by lifting dead skin cells, revitalizing/restoring skin by renewing moisture & reducing wrinkles/scar/skin discolourations.
I recommend that you try this product out & if you do, remember to wear sunscreen everyday!~

1 comments:

edoardoiida said...

The first raft titanium - TITanium-Art
› › › Home › Home › titanium water bottle › Home › Home › titanium band ring Home · Home · Home · Home · Home · thunder titanium lights Home · Home · Home · Home · Home gold titanium alloy · Home. Home. Home. Home. Home. Home. Home. Home. Home. Home. titanium build for kodi Home. Home. Home. Home. Home. Home. Home. Home. Home.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...